jake on 2006.10.15
at 06:59 pm
The leaves are changing, the air is getting crisp, and men with various sharp objects are coming to get you. Halloween is approaching and with it comes all sorts of pumpkin flavored goodies and people playing dress up. I don’t have any reason to dress up this year but I have a beard screaming to be utilized with a costume.
This year I have been trying to get more in the spirit like I used to. Getting scary movies from Netflix and watching Halloween themed television programming. When I was younger I used to decorate my house even though we were lucky to get ten trick-or-treaters. Now I just clip out interesting pumpkin based recipes.
Here are some recent links I’ve noticed to help you get in the mood too.
- How to hack LEDs into Lego minifigures for Halloween (from Firewheel Design) — Lego heads are the perfect size to shove an LED inside and make spooky, glowing characters. Too bad it requires a battery that’s difficult to hide.
- 30 Ways to Eat a Pumpkin (from Lifehacker, don’t forget to look up the comments on Lifehacker) — Yummy…
- Wanda’s Halloween Cookbook (more Lifehacker)
- Halloween T-shirt (BoingBoing)
- Weekend Project: Make your own Halloween costume
- Pseudopod 006: What Dead People Are Supposed to Do (BoingBoing) — Horror podcast
- Horror Newsletter (BoingBoing)
- Pumpkin Pantone Color
How is everyone else getting in the mood?
Posted in: Art · Technology
Comments have been automatically disabled to curtail spam.